Author Topic: Hackensacknow Administration (Seeking Proposals)  (Read 5978 times)

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
Hackensacknow Administration (Seeking Proposals)
« on: May 06, 2020, 02:06:07 PM »
Everyone:

I have been running this site now for about 17 years and it needs new energy. 

I would like to see proposals from Hackensack residents who may be interested in taking responsibility for the administration of this message board.  Specifically, proposals should include:

- Your connection to the Hackensack Community
- Your level of familiarity with PHP; HTML; web hosting, etc.
- Your academic/vocational background, related experience (if any) and areas of interest
- Your vision for the site over the next several years
- Your ability and willingness to commit to a long-term endeavor (and cover hosting and domain fees).

This message board, like so many others, struggles to maintain relevance in the age of social media.  Other message boards have either made peace with that or have tried to integrate social media within the site.  Some actively use social media to promote the site.  What would you do? How would you engage the community? What rules and policies would you institute to ensure a safe, welcoming environment? Would you keep the site apolitical? Would you recruit others to serve as moderators? Who? How would you facilitate discussion? What structural/design changes would make?

This can be a very rewarding experience for the right person(s).

If you are interested, please PM me. You may need to register if you have not already.

Thanks.
Al
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 02:12:04 PM by Editor »

anything