Author Topic: 1951 Crossing Guards  (Read 5826 times)

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
1951 Crossing Guards
« on: April 01, 2007, 05:25:35 PM »
Thanks to Barry for sending these photos. Barry's mom was a Police Department Crossing Guard. Do you recognize anyone?

« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 05:31:21 PM by Editor »

Offline prospectgirl

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
Re: 1951 Crossing Guards
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 11:12:37 PM »
My mother had a good friendship with a Hackensack Police person named Bea France. She was a crossing guard on Passaic Street close to the corner nearest the railroad tracks that run over to the fire-destroyed Anderson Street depot. Bea lived up the hill a bit from that intersection on the right side of Passaic Street, if you were walking up the hill from downtown.Unfortunately, I do not remember the name of the other street on that intersection. Bea's daughter was named Bonnie France and she was a bit younger than I am. Bonnie went to Holy Trinity as did I, and I can picture their home very well to this day, inside and out. I may be completely wrong, but if my memory serves me well, Bonnie's parents were divorced, something nearly unheard of in the early fifties.I remember the tall, thin woman in the photos and am thinking the reason I recognize her is that she may very well be Bea France. The woman in the group photo (2nd from right) looks most familiar of all.  Does anyone else remember the family?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 11:25:48 PM by prospectgirl »

Offline Wingy

• View Profile
Re: 1951 Crossing Guards
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 04:13:16 PM »
I knew Bea France and her daughter Bonnie.  Bea passed away in November 1969.  I also knew her grandparents and her Aunt Margie.  Bonnie lived with her mother and grandmother at 240 Passaic Street.  They moved to Club Way and in 1958 to Rochelle Park.