Author Topic: Waterloo Sue's to close  (Read 7953 times)

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now

Offline just watching

• Long-time poster
    • View Profile
Re: Waterloo Sue's to close
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 08:14:39 AM »
I never thought I'd be so happy about a business going under.  But Waterloo Sue's is GONE, so let's break out the Champaigne !!!!

I used to patronize Corky's Corner, but I refused to ever give one dime to Waterloo Sue's. Why ???  Because they painted the entire building, trim and all, in ONE COLOR. It happens to be pink, but it doesn't matter what the color is --- that building had a lot of architectural trim, and everything shouldn't all be all one color.  It's ugly, it's downright hideous.  That painting scheme been a disgrace to the character of the neighborhood for the last 14 years. 

It's a visual disgrace second only to the ugly red of the Hackensack Market.  And does anyone remember the ghetto street scene that was once deliberately painted by a professional artist onto the side of the building at the south corner of Main & Linden. It was repainted by popular demand about 5 years later, and a carpet store owned it for many years.  A few months ago, the entire building was rehabilitated into a Sports Injury Physicial Therapy business. They even carved out some really nice windows along the large cement wall facing Main Street

Hopefully the new owners will repaint Waterloo Sue's, and transform it back into a normal-looking building.

Offline just watching

• Long-time poster
    • View Profile
Re: Waterloo Sue's to close
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 07:38:23 PM »
Hey everyone, look at the awesome cultured stone getting installed on the former Waterloo Sue's. I also see evidence of elaborate trimboards and maybe some stucco work.  Looks like quite a bit of upscale facade improvements are in the works.

anything