Author Topic: Northern Main, House of Pizza, Poitin Still, Deli Mart, Etc.  (Read 41609 times)

Offline Skipx219

• View Profile
Re: Northern Main, House of Pizza, Poitin Still, Deli Mart, Etc.
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2008, 04:10:39 PM »
Not open yet - they're close to opening though.

Offline Skipx219

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2008, 01:38:17 PM »
House of Pizza is now Frankie L's Pizza. There is a new awning in place and a Coupon that came in the Supercoups mailer which came in the mail today. I called the Telephone number - The answering machine message said that the opening had to be postponed until February 1 2008.

Offline Skipx219

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2008, 03:09:05 PM »
 Old house of Pizza now Frankie L's. The new owner stopped in my office for a chat this morning and pay his bill. He said He was taking in Product and supplies today and will be open on Saturday 2/9/08.

He sent me a small Pepperoni from his Ridgefield Park store "Dante's" as a sample.
If his new ovens bake as well as the ovens in his other store, we will have another good Pizza option in our town. Depending on your taste of course.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 04:00:52 PM by Editor »

Offline Skipx219

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2008, 01:04:34 PM »
Old House of Pizza - Now Frankie L's opened this past Monday. I enjoyed a plate of Mussels last night. I believe the owners name is Dan - a pleasant younger man.

Now My Business block is only 25% vacant.

Offline Skipx219

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2008, 03:19:07 PM »
Another vacancy property on northern Main St. - Copy Man Printers at 855 Main St.
A sign in the window states that The Hackensack Police are monitoring the building.

Offline Jensfog

• View Profile
Poitin Still
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2008, 11:46:42 PM »
I agree that the new restaurant Poitin Still greatly enhances the neighborhood and I hope they do well. However, I felt your biased anti-gay comment was entirely inappropriate. As a gay homeowner and property tax payer of one of the few small homes on fairmount avenue, what I love most about Hackensack is it's diversity and general open mindedness. I hope others who read this message board understand that your biases are a not a representation of our wonderful town.  :'(

Even still, I wish you the best in your endeavors.

Hahahaha.  This makes my day ---- this is utterly hilarious. Thanks for the research, Mr. Editor.

I guess the new establishment is "safe" to visit after all.

Offline ramftbl

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2008, 09:24:12 AM »
Had 3 different kinds of pizza at the new Frankie L's 2 last week. Great pizza- highly recommended to
anyone looking to avoid a trip to Angelo's in Maywood.

Offline just watching

• Long-time poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2008, 07:55:36 AM »
Hey Jensfog, give us a break please.

I have no problem with people living a gay lifestyle, or with being "out of the closet".  But that doesn't mean I will patronize a gay bar if one were to open up in Hackensack.

Just be proud of what you are, have a little backbone, and stop crying wolf every time you read something slightly off. The problem about crying wolf is that when the wolf really arrives, nobody will listen to you.

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2009, 05:05:21 PM »
I think this is 800 Main, just north of Poitin Still on the east side of Main Street.

The building looks great, although it may be a little big for the lot.  There's a sign out front offering a one bedroom apartment.  I don't know how many units, but it looks like a residential/commercial mixed-use building.  It has fancy hardware, cooper accentuation, beautiful brick facade, nice windows.  I generally like it and think it works well in this area. 

I'm glad to see that despite the economic downturn this project is being completed.  I hope it gets occupancy and, based on the location, I think it will.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 09:55:31 PM by Editor »

Offline richard sachs

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2009, 02:31:33 PM »
Frankie L's Pizza has to be on life support!  The pizza is pretty bad, which says something why the place is never busy. Can you say OREGANO?!?!

STOP THE PRESSES!!!   FRANKIE L's HAD A MAKEOVER A FEW WEEKS AGO AND I'M HAPPY TO REPORT A 100% IMPROVEMENT IN THE PIZZA AND THE ENTIRE MENU!!!  FAIRMOUNT CAN ONCE AGAIN BE PROUD OF OUR NEIGHBORHOOD PIZZA PLACE WITHOUT ANY DOUBT TO THE QUALITY OF THE PIZZA, SIZE OF THE SANDWICHES AND PRESENTATION OF THE FOOD. TOO BAD MY COVER WAS BLOWN, DOH!!!!  3/21/2009
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 09:17:58 PM by richard sachs »

Offline Hack72

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2009, 10:10:52 PM »
I think this is 800 Main, just north of Poitin Still on the east side of Main Street.

The building looks great, although it may be a little big for the lot.  

I just saw this and want to say that I hope that the zoning board does not keep giving variances when someone wants to overbuild on a property.  This building comes right to the sidewalk.  It was built pratically on the neighbor's front porch.  I'm guessing the lot next to it is next.  Maintaining a good ratio of developed:undeveloped property is very important as the city moves forward.  We don't want it to wind up looking like Jersey City or Queens just so developers can make a few extra bucks.  Our schools and roads don't need new residents that badly.

[Editor's note: this topic was split to "Liquor Licenses"]
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 09:00:43 PM by Editor »

Offline Skipx219

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2010, 02:47:09 PM »
Another new neighbor is opening up at 842 Main St... Where the old Princess Liquors and more recently the Tea Shop with a happy ending.  I'm told that a Jeweler who has a store  on Kinderkamack Rd in Oradell is moving in the space. Work has begun and they're making quick work of it. Rumor has it that " Charles Jewelers " formally on Anderson St is moving back into town. Things are looking up in the neighborhood