Poll

With respect to the proposed plan, which of the following best describes your view? (Click "register" on top to vote.)

1. County should sell old Zabriske St. facility and move to River St. (leaving room on Zabriske for residential development)
5 (27.8%)
2. County should tear down and rebuild existing Zabriske Street facility
1 (5.6%)
3. County should renovate existing facility (cheapest)
4 (22.2%)
4. Hackensack should support whatever plan has greatest tax "ratables" for the city
8 (44.4%)
5. None of the above (add post)
0 (0%)
6. Who cares?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Bergen County DPW/PD (Proposed)  (Read 33681 times)

Offline BLeafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Bob Leafe Photography
Re: Bergen County DPW/PD (Proposed)
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2016, 03:38:09 PM »
It's a funny thought, Homie, but Hackensack might have actually been able to pull that off last year. The gas station and a couple of stores on Cedar Lane at Elm Ave - practically right across the street from the theater - were torn down. The town voted to let Walgreen's build a 2-story drive-in store there and the citizens are not happy.

First, it's RIGHT across the street from the beloved J&J Drug Store (which has been there so long that their prescriptions cured my ills when I was a toddler) and is a couple of doors away from a big CVS store. The drive-in aspect will really mess up Cedar Lane's traffic, especially since there's another drive-in store (Dunkin' Donuts) up the street that already has cars blocking the street while waiting to drive in during AM rush hour.

Driving on Cedar Lane is always a pain, so this is a pretty stupid move. I think Teaneck residents would have preferred a Hackensack salt shed that would only be used a few times each winter in that space over what they're getting.

I took these pix of the space last month during that zero-degrees weekend.

Click to enlarge.

Like music? Like photography? Step into my office: http://xrl.us/BobL - - - - - - - http://xrl.us/BobsDarkness

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
Re: Bergen County DPW/PD (Proposed)
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2016, 09:12:54 AM »
http://www.northjersey.com/news/bergen-county-owned-land-in-hackensack-sells-at-auction-for-10-million-1.1558077

Bergen County sold a nearly six-acre property in Hackensack for $10 million Tuesday in an auction that came down to a bid-off between two developers....

The 5.98-acre property covers three lots at 66-70 Zabriskie St. It is zoned for mid- and high-rise multi-family development and located a half-mile from the NJ Transit station in River Edge and a mile from Riverside Square Mall....

Winning bidder Scott Loventhal of Garden Homes Development said that he plans on turning the property into high-quality, multi-family residences with an emphasis on the nearby transit....

Auctioneer Harry Byrnes of A.J. Willner Auctions said that county officials told him in advance an amount at which they hoped to sell the property. Though Byrnes declined to provide the amount, he said $10 million "exceeded their expectation levels."
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 02:28:21 PM by Editor »

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now

anything