Author Topic: Cubby's: The Hackensack-Pyongyang Connection  (Read 22493 times)

Offline just watching

• Long-time poster
    • View Profile
Re: Cubby's: The Hackensack-Pyongyang Connection
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2012, 07:08:55 AM »
He needs to film. 

Don't you know the rest of the story. How the police tried to defame Egan, made statements in court about what he was doing and saying, and accused him of going on a racial rant. Everyone believed it, it seemed consistent with the Egan personality.  If it wasn't for the fact that he was filming and audio-taping the premises, he would have never won that case against the police.  He never did or said what they accused him of, and HE PROVED IT IN COURT.

Oh, by the way, that was before all the nonsense going on with the police became big news. All the lawsuits, and finally the removal of the chief.  Really, it was Egan who first exposed Hackensack's "police nonsense". He started it all.  Go EGAN !!!!!! 

When I wake up every day, the very first thing I do is read The Record to find out the latest on the Zisa trial.  Such anticipation, and it's every single day.  It reminds me of Christmas morning when I was kid. 

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2013, 11:25:17 PM »
James Gandolfini dies.

James Gandolfini's sudden death Wednesday comes as The Sopranos actor was prepping his return to HBO.

HBO Films also was looking to continue its relationship with Gandolfini with Eating With the Enemy: How I Waged Peace With North Korea From My BBQ Shack in Hackensack, based on Robert Egan and Kurt Pitzer's book of the same name as a starring vehicle. He would have portrayed a Hackensack restaurant owner who forged a relationship with the North Korean Mission in Upper Manhattan and went on to play an important role as a liaison in U.S. and North Korean relations.

Offline just watching

• Long-time poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2013, 12:01:30 PM »
Come on, Chief Oratam --- I know you know the story.  If Egan wasn't videotaping everything, he would have lost his big court case against the former Police Chief. Instead with the videotape evidence, he almost took down the Chief. Too bad he settled, what a shame that was. That whole Egan case was truly a fork in the road for Hackensack.  If the Chief had been taken down way back then, all those other lawsuits would have never been filed, and we'd have a different Mayor & Council taking office on July 1st.  That could be for better, or for worse, only time will tell.

Offline BLeafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Bob Leafe Photography
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2013, 01:55:04 PM »
On an unrelated note, my sister - whom I hadn't seen in years - flew in from Colorado yesterday. She was hungry and asked where we should go to eat.

"Cubby's", said my other sister and off we went. I told them about Bobby and the North Korea thing and the Gandolfini connection.

After dinner, she wanted to get a picture of the 3 of us together there, so an employee was asked to do the honors. He took a picture and, of course, I said "One more".

As he was about to take the second picture, Bobby - out of nowhere - jumps in, puts his arm around the visiting sister, poses with a big grin, and runs off without a word.

It's a cool picture and made a nice start to her visit.

Like music? Like photography? Step into my office: http://xrl.us/BobL - - - - - - - http://xrl.us/BobsDarkness

Offline ericmartindale

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2017, 03:02:47 AM »
More fair to Egan than past Kelly rantings.  He's starting to get it.

Offline ericmartindale

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2018, 11:55:41 AM »
Egan has good advice for Trump.  I can't imagine it being tougher for Kim Jung Il to have to face off with Donald Trump.  Trump will be tough, he will sell Democracy, he will sell peace.  He will wield the carrot and stick.  I have high hopes that real progress will be attained.

anything