General Category > Hackensack Discussion

2004 School Board Election (Topic closed).

<< < (9/10) > >>

Editor:
Who won?

News 12 NJ hasn't posted the results as of 9:50 pm, but you can check results HERE.

marie:
Ok I can finally go to bed and sleep with a safe and secure peace of mind knowing that my kids have the right people in charge of the BOE in Hackensack.

No need to call names but now we can take out the trash and know its not coming back to haunt us.

HACKENSACK PEOPLE WHO VOTED THANKS FOR MAKING THE RIGHT CJOICE!!!

I am not apart the the people elected just believe in them

marie:
The winners of the Hackensack Board of Education...

Albolino,Carroll (the most vote getter)and Meneses

The people of Hackensack know and will see that they chosed the right group of people to guide the Education in Hackensack and provide our Children with the best Education.>>>>>>>>

One person I was praying did not get elected was William/Bembry and Ramp was not far behind.

Ok I can finally go to bed and sleep with a safe and secure peace of mind knowing that my kids have the right people in charge of the BOE in Hackensack.

No need to call names but now we can take out the trash and know its not coming back to haunt us.

HACKENSACK PEOPLE WHO VOTED THANKS FOR MAKING THE RIGHT CJOICE!!!

I am not apart the the people elected just believe in them

wetochwink:
According to today's Record:

HACKENSACK
Board of Education - three seats
Walter H. Carroll * 1156
Junemarie Ramp 646
Rhonda Williams-Bembry 787
Jorge E. Meneses 927
Francis W. Albolino * 993
Jenny Marin 652

"Tax levy - $50,649,382"
Yes 856
No 541

There should be not one resident that should question why their taxes are going up next quarter!  Buckle up - the county tax increase will be next...

I HOPE BOTH TEAMS WILL NOW GO AROUND TOWN AND REMOVE THEIR RESPECTIVE POSTERS (now deemed Political Litter).

marie:
The article in todays Bergen Record

HACKENSACK

Incumbents Walter H. Carroll and Francis W. Albolino and newcomer Jorge E. Meneses fended off a strong challenge to win election to the Board of Education.

They defeated newcomers Junemarie Ramp, Jenny Marin, and Rhonda Williams-Bembry to take the three three-year terms.

Voters also approved, by an 856-541 vote, the district's $62.6 million budget for 2004-05. It represents a nearly 4.4 percent increase over the current plan.

Under the budget, the school tax rate will increase 8 cents per $100 of assessed property value, a 3.9 percent increase. The school tax bill for a house assessed at $157,000, the city's average, will increase $130.

Carroll, Albolino, and Meneses received 1,176, 1,006, and 946 votes, respectively, and Williams-Bembry, Marin, and Ramp received 811, 677, and 667 votes, respectively.

Of the city's 16,707 registered voters, 1,396, or 8.3 percent, voted Tuesday.

Before the election, the candidates debated how to address the district's poor performance on state standardized tests. Albolino and Carroll said the district has established programs - including balanced literacy - that have reversed the trend. Ramp, however, said the students' test scores would improve if the district established higher standards for its personnel staff.

Albolino and Carroll were also proud that city voters had passed nine consecutive budgets.

Ramp noted that some administrators receive a lot of money for their work, and she called for an audit of the district's budget records.

By Tom Davis

Ok enough said over this issue. Time for me to get to work. When reading the last statement by Ramp you see why I did not vote for her. Take defeat and live with it, try next time. Hopefully not in Hackensack stay in N.A. where you teach.

I heard that a house next to me on Prospect ave. will now be up for sale(after the results from the election). Now we will have peace and quite. You knwo who you are time to get out while you can....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version