Author Topic: Personal Attacks: Reminder  (Read 9430 times)

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
Personal Attacks: Reminder
« on: April 01, 2004, 11:57:05 PM »
Personal attacks will not be tolerated, especially those posted anonymously.

Repeat violators will be permanently barred.  

Editor
« Last Edit: April 03, 2004, 10:46:34 PM by Editor »

hackensack

Re:Personal Attacks: Reminder
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 12:06:53 AM »
They are not attacks but facts opinions ideas and problems taht need to be addressed and since they do not fix/solve the issues  in person or one on one this is a great way of getting people involved and allows them to express their concerns and thoughts

TheTechGuy

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 12:22:01 AM »
To Hackensack,

I appreciate and encourage your use the boards.  I see that you have made several posting today and a few on other day.  Why don't you register?  It only requires an email address.  I've noticed a few people like Marie and upsetparent have similar views as you.

P.S.  --  I'm just "the tech guy".  Send all gripes to the Editor and favor to me...     ;D

Offline hackensack

• Hackensack Now Patron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 12:26:03 AM »
thanks tech guy done

Just never took the time and I am glad that others do see things as I do.

Offline wetochwink

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 12:40:12 PM »
Editor, if you are so concerned about annonymous postings, then force everyone to register.  Having the ability to post without registering is going to add your responsiblity of monitoring this board. People do or say what they wanted when responsibility is not their own.

If anyone is so concerned about their email address, block its view, create a forwarding address to a real address, or just submit a bogus address all together.  

I can honestly tell you that providing an email address for registering - the editor does not abuse his capability of sending tons of email.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2004, 12:40:36 PM by wetochwink »

TheTechGuy

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2004, 01:35:28 PM »
I don't think the editor has a problem with anonymous posting.  They are all anonymous after all. Names are not collected during the registration process.

I think the editors issue is more based around the abusive usage of anonymous posting.  If you are going attack a public official and make accusations at least do one of two things:
1.  Provide a means of verifing or pointers to evidence of the accusation.
or
2. Put your personal identifing John Hancock on the accusation.

This forums is a community to improve the communication of the Hackensack residents.  It doesn't do any good to anyone to bad mouth someone and not back it up.

p.s.  I'm just "TheTechGuy"... send all gripes to the Editor and all favor to me...   ;D     Thanks for supporting Hackensacknow.com