Author Topic: "Play With a Play" Concludes the Year Presenting Its First Revised Script  (Read 6267 times)

Offline frank

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
Boz and the Bard Productions' next "Play With a Play" session offers the chance to see first-hand the progression of a script since it's first PWP reading. On Saturday, December 6, at 7pm, come and participate in the reading of this reworked play at the Center For Modern Dance Education in Hackensack.

New Jersey writer Jamian Nace brings back "Alice and the Angels" to share his revisions with "Play With a Play." If you've attended the June PWP session, you'll recall "Alice and the Angels" takes you to 2012; a comet is hurtling toward Earth, and three Archangels decide to get together to play some poker and have a last meal. Things get shaken up when Lucifer crashes the party, and all are accidentally discovered by Alice, a young astrophysicist aware of the Earth’s imminent demise. The secrets of the universe are soon revealed as they come to terms with the world and themselves before the end.

Nace, a playwright and actor, is a graduate of the American Academy of Dramatic Arts and a winner of several literary awards. Since the first reading of "Alice," Nace has continued working on his craft by playing Tom in "The Glass Menagerie" at the Barn Theater, and has begun working on a second play called "Reps," a comedy based on a call center where he works. Nace adds, "All of this has enriched the rewrite of my play. I am very happy for the opportunity to have "Alice and the Angels" read before an audience again. I've found the feedback from the first reading to be invaluable, not only on what didn't work, but also on what did. It's an opportunity every playwright should have."

Dubbed "Karaoke for Actors" by a New Jersey reporter, "Play With a Play" audiences need only bring their interest in theater in order to participate in an evening of live entertainment.  For less than the price of a movie, the “Play with a Play” sessions will continue monthly at the Center For Modern Dance Education, 84 Euclid Avenue, Hackensack, NJ. All sessions start at 7:00 PM. Admission is $10 at the door, $7 for students and seniors. Watch for upcoming dates in 2009, or visit www.bozandthebard.com for more information.