Author Topic: A Hackensack Girlfriend  (Read 5514 times)

Offline BLeafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Bob Leafe Photography
A Hackensack Girlfriend
« on: January 19, 2009, 07:17:43 PM »

Beauty, ain't she? That's what you're missing out on by living in Hackensack NJ instead of Hackensack MN.

She's 17' tall and she's Paul Bunyan's girlfriend. Babe the Blue Ox might be cuter.

The town held a contest to name her and they came up with this gem: Lucette Diana KENSACK!

One day, Paul just couldn't take that face anymore and called in "Extreme Makeover: Statue Edition". This was the result:

I guess that's an improvement, but it looks like they left the spackling crew under her skirt. Maybe they house the town's snowplows there or perhaps THAT'S what a kensack is! Whichever, it's not exactly flattering.

She looks like she's Italian now, so I guess this is appropriate:

Of course, the pizzas are 5' in diameter and cost $83 each.

I think I'll stay put.

Like music? Like photography? Step into my office: http://xrl.us/BobL - - - - - - - http://xrl.us/BobsDarkness

Offline just watching

• Long-time poster
    • View Profile
Re: A Hackensack Girlfriend
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 11:16:01 AM »
Let's by a little more objective regarding the good and bad qualities of Hackensack, Minnesota. 

There's probably not too many high-paying jobs, and you might have to drive 100 miles to reach a supermarket. From a single guy's perspective, the dating scene there is clearly limited, especially if you like women of all different flavors.  But from the postcard it looks like a quiet little lakefront town. And chances are it's not under the armpit of an airport with a landing every 48 seconds.  Lots of open space, lots of trees, clean air, and not too much crime. These are all great things.  We could probably learn a few things from them.

It might be a good place to retire.  Find your honey here in NJ before you move there.

anything