Author Topic: Newly released: Hackensack History Book  (Read 9222 times)

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
Newly released: Hackensack History Book
« on: January 28, 2009, 12:13:49 PM »

« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 12:15:40 PM by Editor »

Offline just watching

• Long-time poster
    • View Profile
Re: Newly released: Hackensack History Book
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 12:49:28 PM »
It's about time someone wrote a Hackensack book for this well-known series.  Just about every other town around here is represented.

I know Barbara Gooding, not very well but enough to know that she is sincere and she wants the best for Hackensack.  Too bad she didn't win that State Assembly seat 15 years ago. Since she doesn't have deep roots in the City, it will be interesting to see what she comes up with.  What counts as "historic" and of interest to the whole City in 2009 ?  Hopefully not a regurgitation of other printed Historic photos and text.

I only wish I had the chance to speak with her before it was printed.  May have wanted her to know a few things.  It must have been a well-kept secret that the book was being written.

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 12:21:44 PM »
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 12:25:51 PM by Editor »

Offline tuscany

• HackensackNow Regular
  • Hackensack Now Patron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 11:32:50 PM »
The book seems to be a condensed version of their previous book. The Hackensack pictorial book was published about 5 years ago and had some very nice pictures of Hackensack past. The new book seems to be the writers last attempt at fame. They initially had a good idea but it has run its course. It appears to be 4 wannabes last chance at success in the publishing field. I also did not know Barbara Gooding ran for office, but I do understand why her attempt failed. Barbara,Allan,Theresa and Terry should pick up their marbles and go home.

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 08:48:01 AM »
No one thinks they'll get "famous" writing for Arcadia.

Many of the images were worth repeating because they are good images. There are also PLENTY of never before seen images that readers will NEVER see anywhere else.  Personally, I'm happy to see Hackensack represented in Arcadia's line-up. 

Why anyone would use this opportunity to bash candidates from years ago is beyond me.  The authors are all wonderful people who care about this city and they made a laudable effort to share its history.  The book is great and I recommend it.

If anyone should pick up their marbles and go home, it's Tuscany who apparently has an ax to grind.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 09:44:22 AM by Editor »

Offline BLeafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Bob Leafe Photography
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 10:48:26 AM »
Like music? Like photography? Step into my office: http://xrl.us/BobL - - - - - - - http://xrl.us/BobsDarkness

Offline just watching

• Long-time poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 11:58:22 PM »
An "ax to grind" ????  I re-read the string and saw nothing but kind words of praise for the authors.  I was sincere about wishing she had won the Assembly seat.  Why is this considered an "ax to grind".

Talk about non-sequitors.  That one really floored me