« on: April 26, 2017, 01:51:05 PM »
[This was sent to me for posting]
TALKING POINTS FOR THE FAA MEETING April 26, 2017
We are the Hackensack Condo/Co Op Advisory Board, created by the city of Hackensack to represent the 65 high rise and multi dwelling buildings, regarding issues of safety and quality of life.
• Over 15,000 families of men, women and children live in the most densely populated area of the city, Prospect Avenue. On a daily basis, we live with the noise, pollution, the smell of fumes, and most importantly, the danger of the hundreds of planes that fly over our neighborhood on a weekly basis.
• In addition to the danger to our high rise buildings, these planes fly over HUMC and five schools.
• Why must planes fly in during the middle of the night?
• The current flight path into Teterboro is perverse, it should be the last place for this volume of air traffic.
June 17,1970 –plane flies into hi rise in Verona, NJ “Claridge House”
Sept. 2005- plane flies into Cresskill home, killing two
Oct. 11,2006- plane flies into high rise Bellaire Building NYC- kills Cory Liddle
Oct 11, 2010 – plane flies into Strawberry warehouse in South Hackensack trying to land at Teterboro
Feb. 1, 2011- a plane with fuel problems successfully landed on eastbound Route 80 at 2:30 p.m.-fortunately no injuries (good example of why Route 17 is a safer route.)
• Allowing this flight path to continue is dangerous and the noise and pollution to our neighborhood is unacceptable. We live with the danger and noise pollution 24 hours a day- this simply cannot continue.
ADDITIONAL INFO FOR FAA MEETING:
82 HIGH RISES IN HACKENSACK
MAY 24, 1942 – TWO Army planes crashed over Queen Anne Road & Cherry Lane, Teaneck
SEPT. 5,1950 – A Beechcraft Bonanza crashed at the above intersection killing the pilot
DEC. 29, 1979- A small Cessna crashed into a Fairleigh Dickinson University parking lot, luckily missing any students
2016- a plane crashed in Bayside
A number of years ago, part of an airplane’s tail section fell onto Prospect Avenue
***DO WE REALLY HAVE TO WAIT FOR A REAL CALAMITY TO OCCUR BEFORE TRYING TO PREVENT ONE?***