Author Topic: Main Street: Opportunities & Eye Sores (updated 4/21/04)  (Read 8805 times)

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
Main Street: Opportunities & Eye Sores (updated 4/21/04)
« on: April 05, 2004, 07:08:50 PM »
Main Street: Opportunities and Eye Sores
[/b][/size]

If you are interested in any of the following real estate, please contact me or the number on the signs that appear in the pictures.  

If you are a realtor, you can add a full listing in the Classified Section on these message boards.

Above: Available.  Anyone interested?

Above: New management seems like they are finally giving this property a facelift.  It was horrible under the prior ownership.  Stay tuned.

Above: This facade is okay, but too many window signs, right?

Above: Why did Sears cement all of the windows?  Is this a jail or a department store?  We should ask them if they could add a mural or some ornamental design.  Comments please.

Above: This store recently burned.  See Record Article.  Does anyone know what will happen here?  It should not be boarded up indefinitely like the property that follows.  

Above: A Peter Tucci property. A Record Article recently addressed Peter Tucci's role in the development of Hackensack.  Click HERE to read the story.  (Requires free registration with The Record). This property has looked like this for years.  Until it's leased, it should be dressed up temporarily.   By the way, Naturally Good, seen on the right, is a great place to eat.

Ah,... much better for now.  Thanks Mr. Tucci.

Above: Former Lowitz store.  What's happening here?  Is it for lease? Sale?

Above: Available.  Former Hackensack Bicycles Store. Anyone interested?

Above: These two are vacant eye sores.  Does anyone know if they are available?  Who owns them? They are next to the former Hackensack Bicycle Store.

I hear Moss Lighting was purchased and/or condemned by the City to make room for a driveway to the municipal lot behind it.  Hopefully, this will increase foot traffic on Main Street.

Above: Fox Theater.  I understand this buidling is about to get torn down to make room for additional parking for Oritani Bank.  Click HERE to read a related Record article about this. (Requires free registration with The Record).

Above: Not a bad strip of property.  

Above: One of Main Street's newest additions.  

Another Peter Tucci property.  Vacant for years.  I understand it's available.  Any takers?

Another new edition.  Good Luck!

Above: A real "fixer-upper", but I think this corner property has tremendous potential.  It has tons of volume, one block from the court house, surrounded by great restaurants, including General Poors Tavern.  Take a chance!!  In the meantime, the property should be temporarily dressed up.  It looks horrible.  

Above: The brick face was recently completed but I'm not sure what's happening here.  Next to 3 Brother's Deli (good place).  

Above: This was Relic Records which recently closed.  Read the Record article: Swan songs on Main Street

Above: Chiller Theater and Relic Amusements.  It's a long story: Read the Record Article
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 09:06:09 AM by Editor »

Offline sayhey

• HackensackNow Regular
  • Hackensack Now Patron
    • View Profile
Re:Main Street: Opportunities & Eye Sores
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 11:49:12 PM »
The store that just had a fire, opposite of Sears, probably has to wait until the insurance matters are settled before doing anything.  The Lowitz store?  I thought that was the location of a new night club.

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
Re:Main Street: Opportunities & Eye Sores
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2004, 11:59:28 PM »
Half of the old Lowitz store is The Stealth Nightclub which I hear is doing quite well.  I ate their once and the food was good.  I understand the City administration had it's Christmas party there.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2004, 12:00:15 AM by Editor »