General Category > Hackensack Discussion

River Plaza(River St South and Kennedy)

(1/4) > >>

KcasnekcaH:
I see a large sign saying "Coming soon 60,000sq ft of Retail space", my question is do we have any retail chain offers yet??? Also is there ever going to be a movie theater in Hackensack again ??????

Thank you

ericmartindale:
That property was approved for 150 condominiums years ago.The approval is still valid. Unsure why we need more retail development. Condos are better for the waterfront and the river pathway because retail will always put the ugly rear of the buildings (with loading docks and garbage dumpsters) facing the river. Condo's could put front yards, and in the worst case scenario, a landscaped rear yard.

Sheri O:
I have to disagree with you, retail is so needed in Hackensack that it's not even funny. If they decide to build a theater there and stores it would be amazing and the revenue would be phenomenal. I think we have enough condos in Hackensack already. :-X

Editor:

--- Quote from: KcasnekcaH on August 10, 2004, 09:38:06 AM ---Also is there ever going to be a movie theater in Hackensack again ??????

--- End quote ---

Looks likes Garden State Plaza will build a 16 screen theater:

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXkzJmZnYmVsN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2NTY3ODMx

KcasnekcaH:
One has nothing to do with the other but thanks anyway. Btw I agree with Sheri O, Hackensack is in need of retail.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version