General Category > Hackensack Discussion

Masonic Temple (State and Warren)

(1/13) > >>

Editor:
The city recently announced that it was purchasing the Masonic Temple primarily as a replacement for the Cultural Arts Center now on Broadway.  The building may have other uses, including a senior center. 

The existing structure was erected as a church in 1879 and purchased by the Masons in the 1920's.  I took a tour last week.  It is a very impressive space.  The second floor hall is cavernous. Yes- the building has tons of character.

I'll post more soon.

just watching:
Are you saying that the Masonic Temple will become a cultural arts center, or that it will become a senior's center.

Or is the existing cultural arts center in the First Ward slated to become a Senior's Center.

Editor:
The Masonic Temple will be converted into the new Cultural Arts Center with additional uses, possibly a senior center.  It's two floors.  I'm sure it will be in the next editions of the Chronicle and County Seat.

Not sure about plans for the existing cultural arts building on Broadway.

Editor:
Attached is a history of the Masonic Temple prepared by the Lodge Historian (Reprinted with permission).  Below is the listing in the Bergen County Historic Site Survey.

Editor:
County Seat article, January 1, 2010. Click article to enlarge.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version