Author Topic: Area in need of Rehabilitation  (Read 394953 times)

Offline ericmartindale

• View Profile
Re: Area in need of Rehabilitation
« Reply #255 on: January 26, 2017, 03:43:30 PM »
How much water was on that property during Hurricane Sandy, and how much are they regrading and raising the ground elevation, as part of this project.

Offline irons35

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 27, 2017, 07:13:12 PM »
during Sandy the water came up just past River St in that area.   

Offline irons35

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 30, 2017, 11:52:57 PM »
you need schools to put these kids in.... 

Offline ericmartindale

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 31, 2017, 12:23:39 PM »
With the increase in population, there's an obvious need for another school to be built in Hackensack.  The best location is the vacant lot on Gamewell Place, and possibly take a few houses on Union Street.  All the new high-end units in downtown are going to need a school very close by.

And then, END ALL THE GERRYMANDERED school districts that were lain out generations ago to address racial imbalance issues that no longer exist.

There can be a school district that would handle from the hackensack River to the center of Hackensack, and from Anderson Street to Essex or Kansas Street.

That way the other school districts can be more or less centrally located around their school, instead of these bizarre extensions into central Hackensack for Fairmount, Nellie K Parker, and Fanny Meyer Hillers.

Offline Homer Jones

• Long-time poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 31, 2017, 05:31:59 PM »
Maybe with all the approvals being given by the Planning Board and Council, the Board should consider hiring a professional planning firm to look at the City's master plan and work with the Board of Education so that everything going on in the City is tied together and moving in the right direction. Sorta makes sense.

Offline BLeafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Bob Leafe Photography
« Reply #263 on: March 04, 2017, 11:17:17 AM »
This is a perfect candidate for a "before" rehab shot.

Looking forward to posting the "after" one.

CLICKit!

Like music? Like photography? Step into my office: http://xrl.us/BobL - - - - - - - http://xrl.us/BobsDarkness

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #264 on: March 21, 2017, 03:01:18 PM »
Recent posts here were moved to new topic: "Overcrowding in School District"

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #267 on: April 19, 2017, 10:48:39 AM »
http://www.northjersey.com/story/news/business/2017/04/13/north-jersey-becoming-apartment-haven/99532186/

The People's Guaranty and Trust bank building on Main Street in Hackensack is another site where proposals for a transformation are underway. Project developers have a $35 million plan to create 127 apartments at the Trust building as well as the adjacent building, adding restaurants and stores to the mix. With several other even larger residential projects in the planning phase in the downtown's core, city officials hope to emulate the "live, work, play" model.

Offline BLeafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Bob Leafe Photography
« Reply #268 on: May 29, 2017, 01:15:03 PM »
I skipped the Moore St side of the project at Main and Mercer because it looks pretty much the same as it did last year. Any word on why progress still seems to be stalled?

The first 5 pics show how things are looking at 210 and 214 Main from the back. I found the open hole in the bank wall and the accommodating interior light tempting, but I didn't have my vault-opening tools with me.

In the last pic, I'm not sure what project is slated for the NW corner of E. Salem and Moore, but it appears to go all the way down to the library.

And, of course, you can see the work at the old Oritani Field Club on E. Camden at the end of Moore St.

Click to enlarge.

Like music? Like photography? Step into my office: http://xrl.us/BobL - - - - - - - http://xrl.us/BobsDarkness

Offline irons35

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 29, 2017, 02:51:02 PM »
at moore/main and salem they are tearing down the BCCAP building and putting in a Meridia apartment building, in an L shape around the buildings on Main St that would not sell.  4 or 5 stories tall.  with stores on the first floor.