Author Topic: Photos: the HHS marching band practicing at the Middle School  (Read 3388 times)

Offline BLeafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Bob Leafe Photography
Photos: the HHS marching band practicing at the Middle School
« on: August 25, 2011, 02:27:14 PM »
On Monday, I heard what sounded like a high school marching band nearby. Lo and behold, I saw what is guess is the Hackensack High School marching band practicing on the Middle School field.

The director's voice amplification was loud and clear throughout the neighborhood: every instruction, every do-over, and every countoff ("OK, we're on a count of 30 and stepping off at 31. ONE, TWO, THREE........." and all the way to 30 - many times. I hope nothing was going on at the funeral home across the street.

The one song I heard over and over (and over) didn't sound bad.

They were there Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I don't know if they were supposed to be there today, but a small trailer that was on the field all 3 days is still there, so -assuming they're there tomorrow morning - be there at 9am if you want a front row seat.

One odd note: on Tuesday when the earthquake hit and people were pouring out of buildings, the band played on and never missed a beat. I don't know if they even felt it, but it was a very strange soundtrack to what was going on in the neighborhood.

I guess the show must go on!

Here are some photos I took from here on Monday and Tuesday:

[Pictures removed upon request]
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 11:08:51 PM by Editor »

Like music? Like photography? Step into my office: http://xrl.us/BobL - - - - - - - http://xrl.us/BobsDarkness

Offline itsmetoo

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Photos: the HHS marching band practicing at the Middle School
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 06:00:31 PM »
It is great to see that the band is continuing to grow.  Hopefully, in the future, the music program in the district can be expanded.  Congratulations to the students, the  MacVicars and Ms. Walker!