Author Topic: Hackensack Public Access Channels  (Read 5017 times)

Offline itsmetoo

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
Hackensack Public Access Channels
« on: September 28, 2011, 01:25:13 AM »
I attempted to look at the Hackensack Community Access channel through Verizon Fios.  I have done this numerous times in the past on channel 42.  That station no longer exist for Hackensack.  I am not sure if channel 77 is still working for Hackensack since I do not have Cablevision.  When I contacted Verizon, they proceeded to tell me that Fios never had a public access channel.  I was told, in fact, that there records showed that their channels go from 41 with the next channel being 50.  I told them that this is obviously incorrect since I had several school concerts recorded on my FIOS DVR.  Of course, they had no answers.  I recently checked with a friend.  He also no longer receives the FIOS channel.  I don't know who to call. Interestingly enough, the other public access channels are still showing for other towns.

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
Re: Hackensack Public Access Channels
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 09:16:08 AM »
Thanks for letting me know.  I'll look into it.  I know 77/Cablevision still works.  The city and school district share public access and what displays on 77 should also display on 42/Fios.

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 08:35:39 AM »
Verizon is working with the Hackensack High School TV production team to fix this.  Let me know if you notice service is restored.

Offline itsmetoo

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 06:59:47 AM »
Thank you.  I will.

Offline itsmetoo

• HackensackNow Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 08:23:17 PM »
I now have the Hackensack Public Access Channel back on my Fios TV.  Thank you!

anything