Kazimir's Pets closing

<< < (2/3) > >>

BLeafe:
Nearly 3 months later:

(click to enlarge)

johnny g:
Another legendary run comes to an end

ericmartindale:
I returned to the area in January after living 10 years in Essex County. i'm now in Maywood.  I'm just astounded at how run-down and impoverished the Anderson Street business district has become. When you live in Hackensack, the change happens slowly and you hardly notice it. But for someone who comes back after 10 years and sees what it has become, it's much more shocking. I see that Rudy's is also gone. Anderson Street used to be better than Central Ave, but now the tables are turned. Central Ave has slightly improved, while Anderson Street has just gone into a deep decline. The quality of the stores remaining is largely pitiful.

I think the highest priority redevelopment area in Hackensack should be the block bounded by Passaic Street, Park Street, Anderson Street, and the railroad. If there is ONE BLOCK in the entire city that is most holding back Hackensack, it's this square block. It could be a mixed use transit village, with nice stores on the ground level.

ericmartindale:
And what's really improved is the south side of Passaic Street from Park Street to Linden Ave. And both sides of Passaic Street from Linden Ave going west to Second Street.  I think a lot of this has to do with the "loss" of the giant boarding house at 211 Passaic Street. I think that fire was around 2005. You now see houses now with well kept exteriors and landscaping, and nice new front doors.  That was also a shock to me, after 10 years.

BLeafe:
The Kazimir's site as of yesterday:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version