Author Topic: PHOTOS: atop BoA Bldg 210 Main St (Part 2 of 3)  (Read 3427 times)

Offline BLeafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Bob Leafe Photography
PHOTOS: atop BoA Bldg 210 Main St (Part 2 of 3)
« on: November 21, 2011, 05:01:00 PM »
BoA shoot: Part 2 of 3 - the 10th-story roof (and one 11th-story image)

(Click photos to enlarge)

Continuing the numbering scheme, the seven photos in this post are labeled 10-16.

10 - SO much to see in this one: the Ramapo Mountains (and possibly some of the northernmost Watchung Mountains), Holy Trinity Church, the tower of the Second Reformed Church, 430 Union, 40 Passaic St, 22 Ward, 505 Main, Target, part of Holman's, 417 Main, Sears, Continental Plaza, Oritani S&L, the library, and at least a half-dozen Christmas wreaths along the west side of Main St.

In the center on the horizon, you can see a tall building in the distance. Does anyone have any idea what that is? It looks like a hotel, but I'm pretty sure it's not the Sheraton Mahwah.

11. This is as long a view of Main St north as I could get from my location.

12. This shot is a zoomed-in version of the previous one and shows Main St north of the library (minus the YMCA).

13. This is pretty much the straight-out, zoomed-in view from the front of the bank, showing Union St, the Overlook Ave high-rises at 130, 150, and 160, and a couple of Prospect Ave buildings.

14. Visible are some more Prospect Ave high-rises, Watchung Mountains, houses on Union St and Central Ave, a small corner of the Municipal Building (bottom left), and some of the Christ Church property (bottom right).

15. In the distance are Rt 80, MetLife Stadium, the flags of the Meadowlands racetrack, and what looks like the Pulaski Skyway.

I also shot an 11-picture photo stitch while on the main roof and you'll find that at the end of Part 3.

At this point, we went back inside to see if we could access the two-stories-higher front roof. Things were a little tighter in this area. We squeezed past a long aluminum ladder that was standing on the steps and got to the landing at the 11th-story level. None of us had ever been up at flag pole level before, so we weren't quite sure what we were looking for.

There were two doors that went into rooms that provided no roof access. There seemed to be some sort of cutout in the ceiling at the top of the stairs, but it appeared to be sealed, so we kept searching.

I looked again at the cutout and thought I saw some sort of handle in the shadows. Someone who had a flashlight agreed, so the ladder was brought up the stairs.

That handle opened the hatch and photo 16 is the view I saw from under the ladder.

We had our access.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 07:31:53 PM by BLeafe »

Like music? Like photography? Step into my office: http://xrl.us/BobL - - - - - - - http://xrl.us/BobsDarkness

anything