Author Topic: Hackensack City Manager Ted Ehrenberg dies suddenly  (Read 3668 times)

Offline BLeafe

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Bob Leafe Photography

Like music? Like photography? Step into my office: http://xrl.us/BobL - - - - - - - http://xrl.us/BobsDarkness

Offline Editor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hackensack Now
Re: Hackensack City Manager Ted Ehrenberg dies suddenly
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 10:10:06 PM »
I will miss Ted. We all will.

When he started in 2016, it did not take long for City Hall employees to see his level of commitment, his genuine desire to make a difference, and his ability to get things done. "Done" was his favorite word. He put an emphasis on setting goals and seeing them come to fruition. He put a lot of confidence in his department heads to establish goals and was willing to trust and support their vision.  He was a true manager who expected results but was also compassionate and understanding with those that worked for him. He was a creative thinker and never afraid to float ideas. He could be very determined but also patient. One expression of his that I will retain is "patience is what you do while you are waiting." Another one is, "this job will never be cheaper to do than it is right now." He could be very decisive. He was an early riser and had a long commute. Despite the drudgery, especially in the wake of Covid, he kept up morale. He was responsive to concerns from the council, employees, and the public he served.

And so we will miss him.

Offline Victor E Sasson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 12:43:18 PM »
Well said.

Offline Victor E Sasson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 12:47:33 PM »
When I worked as a copy editor at The Record, we discussed the phrase "died suddenly." The style of The Record and many other newspapers is to write died "unexpectedly."

Everyone dies "suddenly." You are alive one moment, dead the next.